I would like to confess that I can’t get enough of Kylie Cosmetics products. I keep coming back for more despite all the controversies surrounding the brand such as:
- The somewhat similar ingredients with Colourpop Ultra Matte Lip with a very different price point (read here). As you know, Colourpop Ultra Mattes are very affordable and Kylie Mattes are more expensive. In this case I would like to speak from my experience (I wrote here) that both products feel completely different on my lips. Kylie Mattes are more comfortable and all around better formula than Colourpop Ultra Matte Liquid Lipstick.
- Customer complaints about brush condition and quality on their first Lip Gloss batch (read here). However Kylie and team already addressed it and thankfully I always get a perfect Lip Glosses.
- Stolen packages due to their recognizable boxes design. Now they have changed their boxes to be less striking. (Read the news here)
- F Rating from US Better Business Bureau regarding unresolved delivery and customer service complaints (read here). But the F rating was dropped and now Kylie Cosmetics rating is changed into NR (Not Rated).
- Some of the KyMajesty Metals delivered to customers in half-empty condition (check here).
Despite all the controversies, I have to give credits to Kylie Jenner because Kylie Cosmetics is a brand that becomes global sensation in such a short period of time. As a business owner myself I can understand that it is not easy to fulfill increasing demand, maintain high quality standard and reach on time delivery in such a short timeline. Mistakes sometimes happen and the most important thing is Kylie and teams acknowledge their customer concerns and keep increasing their whole business practices. Salute to Kylie, not many 19 years old can do such thing. I wish her more success in the future.
Before this post, I have written about my journey to get my hands on Dolce K Lip Kit, it was very hard to come by then, you can read my whole story here. Now so many online sellers in Indonesia offering Kylie Cosmetics products in different price points, I manage to get some more that I will show you below. If I get more products in the future I’ll make sure that I update the swatch on this post. Now let’s jump to the review.
Product Features Kylie Lip Kit:
- Kylie Lip Kit packaged in a sturdy slim box with the famous lip design in the middle. I heard that this lip design was inspired by Kylie Jenner’s lips herself. Inside there are two products; Matte Liquid Lipstick and Lip Liner.
- The Matte Liquid Lipstick packaged in skinny long transparent tube with doe-foot applicator that gives a precise application.
- It has a quite strong cherry vanilla scent that lingers on my lips. Even though the scent do fades and not as strong as it first come out from the tube.
- The Lip Liner gives a matte texture. It is smooth and glides on easily. According to Kylie Jenner Twitter, this Lip Liner can be sharpened just like any other pencil lip liner in the market. I sharpen mine with MAC pencil sharpener.
- Now Kylie Cosmetics also sell individual Matte Liquid Lipstick and individual Lip Liner.
- I will describe all the colors I have as follows:
- Koko K is cool tone pinky-nude. I got mine from IG @kyliecosmeticidn her line ID is @ivyhidayat
- Exposed is a medium peachy color. I got mine from IG @faceshionaddict
- Candy K is pinky brown. In my opinion Candy K is the most versatile color in the collection. I can see so many skin tones pull this off. I got mine from Instagram seller @thebeautycrest
- Dolce K is brown-mauve, which is my least favorite color in my collection. I got mine from Instagram seller @thebeautycrest
- Ginger is reddish burnt-orange color. I got mine from joancorner.com
Lip Kit Pros:
- Long-lasting. 8 hours wearing on average. It fades a little in the middle part of the lips after I eat greasy food.
- Smooth even application. Neither flaky nor patchy, for the exception of Koko K, which I find a little bit patchy after several hours.
- Lightweight and non-sticky.
- Transfer proof. After the Matte Liquid Lipstick sets, it is very hard to get off.
Lip Kit Cons:
- Koko K Matte Liquid Lipstick is a little bit patchy and flaky after 1-2 hours wearing.
- Slighly drying after a couple hours. To be fair this is liquid lipstick, dryness is in their nature, but Kylie Mattes are not as dry as other liquid lipsticks such as Colourpop. I find that Kylie Mattes formula are among the best in the market.
Product Features Kylie Lip Gloss:
- Packaged in skinny long transparent tube with soft bristles applicator. I do prefer doe-food for faster application but this brush is not bad. It just matter of preference.
- It has similar sweet vanilla scent, just like the liquid lipstick.
- I will describe the colors as follows:
Lip Gloss Pros:
- Very pigmented. Usually glosses are sheer but these Kylie Glosses pack a punch of color in only one swipe.
- Creamy, hydrating and non-sticky. Very confortable to wear.
Lip Gloss Cons:
Where to Get:
I got all these Kylie Cosmetics products from trusted online sellers in Instagram such as @thebeautycrest, @faceshionaddict, @kyliecosmeticidn (Line ID @ivyhidayat), and @joancorner I have proven that these four sellers are honest and selling authentic products, you might want to contact the sellers directly for the price.
That’s all for the review today, I hope you like it. I do have a great time making it. Tell me what you think about Kylie Cosmetics products below. Until next time xoxo.